Saturday, February 22, 2020

Free and Pay-What-You-Want 5e DMs Guild Highlights: Week Ending 2.22.20

Every week, talented creators upload Dungeons and Dragons products to the DMs Guild, pricing them as free or pay-what-you-want in order to reach customers. Dozens of new free and PWYW products are added each week alone. It is a lot to sort through. My hope is that highlighting a few of each week's best supplements will help the designers get the attention they deserve.

You can find previous posts in this series HERE.


Kakobear: The Beast from the South from Green Bird RPGs



I have spoken before of my love for the Green Bird team. I am basically just waiting for them to break out and find a massive audience. Their lovingly illustrated supplements tend to feature intriguing creatures, and this one is no different. What do you get when you cross a parrot with a bear? Download this to find out. 


Mike's Free Encounters #21-30 from Michael LaBossiere




La Bossiere is back with another compilation of their excellent Free Encounters series (see previous installments HERE and HERE). This includes a zip file of the maps and Hero Lab character sheets of the monsters. You can't really have too many random encounters to sprinkle into your game, and these have good enough hooks to use them for mini-adventures.


The Witch from Jeroen Boogaard



I'm kind of a sucker for Witch classes; I just find them appealing for some reason. This is a really nice take on them, with a cool "hex" mechanic, and a choice of four "covens" akin to Wizard schools. 


Dragon Scales: A Gambling Mini-Game from Woopdeedo



You may find yourself in need of a quick and simple gambling resource at some point, and I actually really liked this easy-to-learn one-page game. The basic idea involves placing and removing coins from a beam scale. Thankfully, you don't actually need a physical beam scale to play.


Blood Hunter Class for 5e (2020) from Matthew Mercer



It was pointed out to me that the updated Blood Hunter class from Critical Role's Matt Mercer had gone PWYW, and just in case you were living under a rock like myself, I thought I would post it up here.


If you enjoy my free zinepodcast, and/or blog, please consider supporting my work for only $1 per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment