Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DOWNLOAD MY FREE 4E FANZINE!!! 4E FOREVER ISSUE #1 IS UP!!!



So the wait is finally over. It has been a loooong road, but I am happy to say that I followed through and finally got it done. I hope you have enjoyed the "spotlights" on contributors yesterday and over the weekend. I again want to thank the Crypt Thing Robert Waluchow, Timothy "Morpho" Reynolds, and Will "Beholder Pie" Doyle for all of their help.

When the end of 4e was announced, I felt it had a lot further to go. I was cynical for a minute, thinking about all of the stuff that I felt was still needed or that was never accomplished. I decided that instead of bitching, I would do my own thing. After all, there are tons of awesome 'zines out there for out of print games...why not start one for 4e?

So I can finally spoil the contents for you now! What is in the first issue of 4e Forever?

-The framework of a new shared world that 4e fans can build together
-The best alternate and additional rules from my blog, re-organized, edited, and compiled into one easy to use document, the 4e Forever Grimoire
-Revamped trap rules for 4e with 15 new tricks and traps
-Over 30 new high level creatures
-Two full-length adventures, including part one of a massive megadungeon adventure path
-Exciting rules for a 4e mass combat system designed by WOTC published author Will Doyle
-All the info you need to submit your own writing, artwork, and/or cartography

This magazine is and always will be free, but I will ask one thing of you, Gentle Reader. Please pass this link along to any and all 4e fans that you know. I need help to keep this going, and I will be relying on submissions. So please, send to your gamer friends, forward to your friend lists on forums, tweet it, email it...anything you can do to help spread the word would be greatly appreciated.

And so, without further ado, I hope you enjoy the mag!

DOWNLOAD 4E FOREVER ISSUE ONE

22 comments:

  1. Downloading now can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I doubt that future issues will be quite this large (unless I get a lot of submissions), but I really wanted to do something substantial with the first issue.

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of content! Very cool. I will have to read it later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! While I know 4e isn't your thing, there is a lot of OSR influence to it.

      Delete
  4. Great stuff. You've put a lot of work into this and it shows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is high praise, Will. Thank you! I hope people submit some Scalemail stuff; I think an adventure with 4e and mass combat mixed would be awesome-kind of like old adventures that used Battlesystem.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! 150+ pages? this may take awhile:)

    GF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would really love to see an example of Scalemale combat in the next issue! I'm intrigued by the system but a nice show and tell would help me understand the strategy and mechanics MUCH better. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are digging Scalemail! I have to be honest though, it will probably be a bit between issues. That said, I have already started compiling a FAQ about some of the rules in the 'zine, and I will be putting that up as a blog post in the near future. So please give Scalemail a thorough read-through, and post up some specific questions. I can think I can get Will himself to answer them for you! It could help other readers down the line who might have the same questions. I had a few for him, myself!

      Thanks again for checking the zine!

      Delete
  7. I didn't see this mentioned at the 4th Edition forum at The Piazza, so I started a topic called 4e Forever fanzine.

    I'll try to give you a mention on the Facebook page for The Piazza when I've got time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very thoughtful of you, and much appreciated! Thanks David!

      Delete
    2. Ack. You changed URLs (from "frothsof4e" to "frothsofdnd") and I didn't notice until today. I've just updated my topic about your magazine:
      http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10698

      You would be very welcome over at the 4e forum at The Piazza, by the way.

      Delete
  8. Awesome. It's great to see people still excited and dedicated to making 4e content and not casting it aside as soon as a new edition is publicized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Frothsof, this is Miladoon from WotC forums and I ventured into your Scailmail stuff and I would like to do some digital images for the game. Also I noticed the Bridgepuddle starting page has Bridgepuddle with 3 d's in its spelling. I am also going to link my HR3PS blog to yours.

    Miladoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey man! That would be awesome for help w visuals. I will contact you over on the forums. Lol at the three d's; I must have missed that since it already thought that word was misspelled even when I spelled it correctly. Ill check your blog too!

      Delete
  10. Excellent!

    Have you tried Scailmail out with roll20 yet? They have a deck/card feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until recently I had done all of my online gaming on the RPGTO; I dl'ed roll20 but havent gamed on it. A deck feature sounds awesome!

      I added your blog to my feed. Killer stuff!

      Delete
  11. I posted the link to this page on our D&D Facebook Group for roleplayers in Busan, Korea. Some people who like to experiment in our group.

    ReplyDelete