Sunday, January 10, 2021

Free and Pay-What-You-Want 5e DMs Guild Highlights: Week Ending 1.10.21

Every week, talented creators upload Dungeons and Dragons products to the DMs Guild, pricing them as free or pay-what-you-want in order to reach customers. Dozens of new free and PWYW products are added each week alone. It is a lot to sort through. My hope is that highlighting a few of each week's best supplements will help the designers get the attention they deserve.


You can find previous posts in this series HERE.



Improved Inspiration from FryMinis


Inspiration always sort of felt like a tacked-on rule, and most GMs I have played with simply forget to use it. Here is a noble attempt to change that with a wider variety and degree of inspiration rewards.






Really nice jungle map pack; you can easily design an entire adventure around these. I like that there are variations on the same map. For example, there is a coastal map both with and without a shipwreck.





I have mentioned before how terrible I am at making up magic items. I also really enjoy lesser items that you can toss into your game without breaking it. This is a nice collection of such items, ostensibly for sale at a little magic shop. Bonus points for the well-written flavor text for each item. 





Huge pack of 25 cave and cavern maps. Includes lots of bandit hideouts, underdark flora, subterranean rivers, and the like. 


If you enjoy my free zinepodcast, and/or blog, please consider supporting my work for as little as $1 per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment