Saturday, January 25, 2020

Free and Pay-What-You-Want 5e DMs Guild Highlights: Week Ending 1.25.20

Every week, talented creators upload Dungeons and Dragons products to the DMs Guild, pricing them as free or pay-what-you-want in order to reach customers. Dozens of new free and pwyw products are added each week alone. It is a lot to sort through. My hope is that highlighting a few of each week's best supplements will help the designers get the attention they deserve.

You can find previous posts in this series HERE.



Fluidic Race from Caleb Wichman



I enjoy the bizarre ancestries you sometimes find on the DMs Guild, and even though I may never end up playing them in a game, they make me imagine how I would roleplay them. I think I would name my gelatinous ooze "Weird Gerald". 


Dragon Wing from Multiple Authors



Ride dragons and attack a skycastle in this epic one-shot! Highlighted by wonderful maps, pro layout, and its exceedingly ambitious vibe.


Tinker Emporium Vol.1: Common from Revlis M

Tinker Emporium Vol.2: Uncommon from Revlis M

Tinker Emporium Vol.3: Rare from Revlis M

Tinker Emporium Vol.4: Very Rare from Revlis M



Quality series of homebrew magic items, ten to a volume, notable for containing illustrations of each item. Includes rar files with png images of the items.


The Apothecary Grimoire from Sean Mullins



Interesting potion-crafting supplement detailing the harvested ingredients and instructions needed for the creation of the twenty-four potions in the DMG. This is filled with great ideas and flavor.


The Marsh of Mire and Malice from Brendan Hainline



I mentioned part one of this series, The Iceberg of Rime and Ruin, a while back. The plot of the Dragon-Blood Series focuses on hunting down the remaining cultists from the Tyranny of the Dragons adventures. This installment takes the PCs to the Marsh of Chelimber.



If you enjoy my free zinepodcast, and/or blog, please consider supporting my work for only $1 per month.



No comments:

Post a Comment